‘A glimpse of hope’ – Nordea Economic Outlook published today
The background for this more optimistic outlook is partly that the European sovereign debt crisis is now properly contained and partly that the tentative US recovery seems to have taken hold. At the same time recent developments suggest that the slowdown in Emerging Markets economies will be moderate.
The outlook covers global economy and looks in more detail into:
- • The European Central Bank’s proactive approach
- • The political situation as a potential risk to the outlook for US economic growth
- • Slightly lower levels of growth in Emerging Markets
- • High oil prices putting a damper on the growth outlook not only in Europe but in the world as such
- • Modest economic expansion in the Nordic countries – which have had safe-haven status during the financial crisis.
Read the full report .